Local businessmen have warned that the flooding in Cebu could impact its economy, adding that the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is already affected. The BPO industry is one of the major economic drivers of Cebu and the whole Central Visayas region. Businessman Philip Tan, former president of the Mandaue Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said flooding might create inconvenience because people will be stranded. This in turn, affects the operations of BPOs, he stressed. Tan called on local government leaders to immediately find unified solution to the problem. Cebu Business Club president Gordon Alan Joseph said flooding is a sure way to turn off potential investors, particularly those in the very crucial BPO sector.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information