According to a latest report by London-based Tholons, a strategic consulting and investment advisory firm, Cebu City and Manila continue to remain in the top 20 global destinations for outsourcing. In Tholons’ 2018 Services Globalization Index Cebu City has climbed to 11th, up from 12th in 2017. Manila regained second place having been fourth last year. Wilfredo Sa-a Jr., director of the Cebu IT-BPM Organization, attributed Cebu’s ranking to the recent completion of Mactan Cebu International Airport’s Terminal 2. The new larger terminal has been instrumental in bringing more international connections and business opportunities. Another factor is the proposed Outsourcing City development at South Road Properties. Tholons said Cebu is ahead of other cities based on its outsourced services with criteria such as digital adoption and the innovation ecosystem. Moreover, the Philippines is now only second to India in terms of top digital destinations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information