The executive director of the Cebu IT-BPM Organization (CIB.O) has called on the Cebu City government to step up security measures for the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector following the murder of a call center agent. Wilfredo Jun Sa-a said the industry is hopeful that Mayor Tomas Osmeña will take appropriate actions to make the city safer for IT-BPM workers. On Wednesday morning, Loraine Bravante Temple, 37, was shot dead after fighting off robbers near a pizzeria on Pope John Paul Avenue in Barangay Mabolo, Cebu City. Temple was on her way home from work about 3 a.m. and was walking along the avenue when two robbers accosted her and grabbed her bag, police said. When Temple refused to hand over her bag, they grappled over it, prompting one of the suspects to shoot her. Temple was shot in her chest, resulting in her instantaneous death.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information