With its proximity toMetro Manila and its available pool of highly-skilled talents, Tarlac City in Pampanga has the potential to become a new IT-business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) hub. This was the pronouncement of Craig Reines, chief operating officer of Sitel Philippines. Sitel recently opened a new contact center in the city, its 12th in the country. The new center can employ up to 1,500 people. Reines cited the convenient location of Tarlac, which is between Manila and Baguio City. Sitel has contact centers in Manila and Baguio, with 15,000 and 5,000 employees, respectively. Around the Philippines, Sitel has over 20,000 workers, or almost a third of its global workforce of 60,000.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information