The Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) has expressed optimism that Cebu’s economy will benefit from the creation of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT). Melanie Ng, vice president for business development of CCCI, said creating an agency that will focus on the ICT industry would be a very good move by the government. The bill that seeks the creation of the DICT is now pending at the Office of the President for approval. Industry players in Cebu said it is wise for the country to have a DICT, considering that the information technology-business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) sector represents more than a million jobs in the Philippines. About Php2bn from IT-BPO industry goes into the Cebu economy every month.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information