The private sector-led Cebu Educational Development Foundation for Information Technology (Cedf-IT) is spearheading the promotion of shared-service investments in Cebu, apart from attracting major business process outsourcing (BPO) players. Through the shared-service model, multinational companies can set up facilities in Cebu to handle specific operations such as accounting, HR, payroll, IT, legal, among others. Cedf-IT Executive Director Jun Saa said Cedf-IT has already identified 10 companies that have shown interest in setting up shared service facilities. Promoting high-value shared-service will boost Cebu’s outsourcing sector and would level up the industry’s capability from handling customer service to more complex and higher-paying services, Saa said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information