Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña has confirmed that the local government will push through with the Call Center City project at the South Road Properties (SRP) this year to further promote and develop the local business process outsourcing industry. Osmeña said he is determined to continue the project despite uncertainties caused by the government’s second wave of tax reforms package. The Call Center City includes buildings that will serve as offices for BPO companies and other amenities such as a residential area, a graduate school, restaurants and a shopping centre, among others. Osmeña said he has been evaluating what is working for Cebu City right now to maximize the city’s growth. He added that some major corporations had expressed interest in investing in call centers at the SRP in 2017, and are set to establish a framework for the project’s kick-off this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information