A cloud-based platform that can generate employment opportunities for Filipinos has won this year’s Hack-for-a-Nation competition sponsored by Globe Telecom. The platform lets users outsource everyday tasks to interested providers, thereby connecting blue collar workers and users who need extra personnel for their office jobs. The platform, dubbed OhMyGennie, was developed by a three-man team of software developers. Team leader Jomar Luguit said the platform will only get credible and legitimate service providers by requiring them to provide documents such as National Bureau of Investigation clearance, driver’s license or resume, among others.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information