Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) president Melanie Ng said Cebu’s fall out of the top 10 global outsourcing cities should be considered as a positive challenge for the local stakeholders to rise up and step up their competence. Ng was referring to Cebu City’s ranking in Tholons Services Globalization Index (TSGI) 2017, where the city plunged to 12th spot this year from 8th last year. All other Philippine cities included in the top 100 outsourcing cities also fell, including Metro Manila, which dropped to fourth place from being second last year. Ng said the CCCI looks at the result as an indicator that they have to strongly continue to pursue their initiatives as a chamber to promote innovation and digital technology. Ng also noted that Tholons introduced new metrics to define the choices for the 2017 results. Innovation, startup up ecosystem and digital transformation were introduced as new key components in the evaluation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information