Major outsourcing cities in the Philippines ranked lower in the latest Services Globalization (outsourcing) City Index 2017 released by Tholons. Manila – which ranked 2nd in 2016 – dropped to 4th, overtaken by Mumbai and Delhi of India. Cebu City, which ranked 8th last year, fell to 12th spot this year, due to the surge in rankings of Sao Paulo, Brazil (from 27th last year to 6th this year) and Buenos Aires, Argentina (from 33rd to 10th). Davao City also dropped to 85th spot from 69th last year while Bacolod City moved down to 97th place from 85th in 2016. Santa Rosa, Laguna took 100th spot this year from last year’s 82nd place. Global outsourcing leaders like India, the Philippines and China are being shaken by disruptors like Canada and Israel, while innovators like Brazil and Chile are going to collectively redefine the leadership for the next decade, according to the Tholons report.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information