Cebu continues to maintain a high level of competitiveness thanks to the expansion of the existing information technology-business process management (IT-BPM) industry. Cebu IT-BPM Organization (CIB.O) managing director Wilfredo Sa-a Jr. said Cebu still managed to grow even more than Manila despite the challenges the IT-BPM industry faced this year. Growth in human resources is among the ways stakeholders gauge industry growth. Sa-a said one company grew its headcount by almost 100%. He added that they expect the industry in Cebu to end the year with at least 160,000 workers, up from last year’s 150,000. Although some companies experienced contractions and registered flat growth, he said others posted growth. Cebu fared even better compared to Manila, where the growth rate has significantly gone down. According to Sa-a Cebu’s strong brand as a trade and tourism destination, coupled with the presence of highly-educated, English-speaking workers continues to attract investors to the province.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information