Due to reported incidents of robbery in business process outsourcing (BPO) hubs, the government of Cebu City is deploying more village watchmen as part of its new security program. Mayor Tomas Osmena said there is a need to address the crimes affecting the city’s main business districts, including Cebu’s I.T. Park. Sykes in Sitio Panagdait in Barangay Mabolo will pilot the program. The mayor said Sykes was chosen to show to the management of I.T. Park how it works. Osmena said the city will hire additional local village watchmen to man the area and put up watchmen outposts. To help supplement security, the mayor is also open to the idea of hiring retired military officers and martial artists. If successful, the program will be implemented in other areas where BPO firms are located.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information