To strengthen technology startups in the Philippines, the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DOTC), the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) and the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) have joined forces. At the 2nd National Technology Business Incubation Summit held in Manila, the three signed an agreement that will synergize their assistance to the community for the next five years. The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) paves the way for a five-year roadmap for the country’s technology business incubation. It binds the three departments so that they can harness their programs and projects in establishing a conducive business environment for startups. Based on the MOU, the departments will come up with projects, events and/or endeavors by way of tie-ups, joint program activities or cost matching that will promote and assist Philippine startups.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information