A survey conducted by PwC Philippines found that American business process outsourcing (BPO) companies are worried over the proposed second package of the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN 2) law. The CEO Survey 2018 noted that some US BPO firms are still sorting out how they may have to rearrange their businesses because although they are still willing to continue “if it still makes sense”, according to PwC Philippines chairman and senior partner Alexander Cabrera. He said some BPOs are considering an exit strategy, although no company has left yet. The BPO firms’ concern over TRAIN 2 is one of the reasons why confidence in revenue growth among businessmen has dropped to 89% this year from 97% in the 2017 survey. However, results of the survey also showed that most companies expect to continue to experience growth despite economic and political uncertainties. PwC conducted the Philippine CEO Survey in the July-August period.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information