Megaworld Corp, the biggest landlord of business process outsourcing (BPO) space in the Philippines, is mapping out the so-called “Visayas BPO Triangle” by strengthening its office developments in Iloilo, Cebu and Bacolod. Megaworld is currently building townships in the Visayas in those areas, and has expressed confidence that BPO companies will continue to come to the country despite President Rodrigo Duterte’s troubled relationship with the US. The expansion continues, according to Megaworld senior vice president Jericho Go. Go said Megaworld already has pre-commitments until 2018. Go cited the unique qualities of Filipino workers as one of the top reasons why BPO companies still prefer to come to the Philippines. With roughly 600,000 square meters of its total office space portfolio taken by BPOs, Megaworld is now the biggest BPO space lessor in the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information