Cisco and IBM have decided to join forces to swap threat intelligence between their internal research groups to combat cybersecurity threats. The two companies are also planning to add product integrations that connect their portfolios over the course of the year. In addition, the companies are improving the interoperability of their security tools despite being competitors; Cisco dominates the cloud and networking side, whereas IBM reigns over services, intelligence collection, and analytics. Moreover, the partnership represents a move to strengthen and consolidate their hold on the market for outsourced cybersecurity services, as consulting and IT outsourcing are the largest and fastest growing areas for spending in information.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information