The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry registered a 27% increase in online hiring, according to jobs portal Monster.com’s Monster Employment Index. The report showed that online hiring in the country last month was a 180-degree turn from a 3% decline in April 2016. Aside from the BPO, the retail sector spiked at 33% year-on-year. Making up the top five growth industries were hospitality (+20%), logistics (+18%), banking, financial services, and insurance or BFSI (+12%). However, the same report revealed that two sectors in the Philippines—engineering and education—dropped in online hiring.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information