Clark in Pampanga has the potential to become the Silicon Valley of the Philippines or the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) capital, according to Australian economist and newspaper columnist Peter Wallace speaking at the 51st General Membership Meeting of the Pampanga Chamber of Commerce and Industry recently. Wallace said it makes a lot of sense to decentralize out of Manila and make Clark the new BPO center of the Philippines or the Silicon Valley of the country. Wallace added that agriculture can be focused on Mindanao while manufacturing can be based at Cavite, but Clark should be made the services center of the country. Clark was officially designated as a Center of Excellence in ICT investments alongside Metro Manila and Cebu.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information