Global cloud computing services now take up more than one third of the combined global market for IT and business process outsourcing services industry. This was according to John Keppel, EMEA and Asia President for outsourcing consultancy Information Services Group (ISG). In an interview with CIO.com, Keppel said the as-a-service market, which includes Infrastructure- and Software-as-a-Service (Iaas and Saas) activity, has nearly double its share in the IT outsourcing market from early 2014. The combined market – traditional sourcing and as-a-service activity – declined by 2% in Q2 of this year to USD7.9bn, but Keppel said it was still within the healthy range of around the USD8bn it has averaged over the last five quarters.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information