To further serve large enterprises, particularly banking and financial services, business process outsourcing (BPO), and online gaming firms, the Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) Inc unveiled plans to put up its first data center in Mindanao. The center, which will be built in Davao by August, forms part of PLDT’s overall strategy to roll out four new data centers nationwide by 2017. PLDT said it continues to invest in building a solid foundation for its digital infrastructure to support a data-driven future. The center is designed to meet international standards and is suitable for companies that need to outsource their ICT and digital requirements.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information