US-listed IT outsourcing firm Cognizant has announced plans to expand its operations in Hong Kong as it seeks to grow its presence in the Greater China region. The Hong Kong expansion underscores Cognizant’s confidence in the city’s talent pool to help its client succeed, said Jayajyoti Sengupta, Asia Pacific Head at Cognizant. The company currently employs more than 300 professionals in Hong Kong. Cognizant runs an active graduate program on the island to develop entry-level technical and management talent. As part of its expansion, Cognizant opened its new office in Hong Kong, enabling global, regional and local clients to leverage the technical and business capabilities available in the region, the company said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information