A leading business group in the Philippines has lauded the Senate and House of Representatives for passing the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) bill, which is expected to position the country as a leader in all aspects of the IT world. The Makati Business Club, which issued a statement on behalf of the Philippine Business Groups and Joint Foreign Chambers (PBG-JFC), said the bill will help position the Philippines as a world leader in the growing dominant sector of the global economy. The bill now awaits the official signing into law by President Benigno Aquino III. Members of the PBG-JFC include the Business Processing Association of the Philippines and all foreign chambers in the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information