Global outsourcing firm Convergys Corporation has confirmed that it has agreed to be acquired by NYSE-listed business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Synnex Corporation in a deal worth approximately USD2.8bn. The value includes cash and stock and approximately USD170m of Convergys outstanding debt. Convergys will be combined with Synnex’s CRM BPO subsidiary, Concentrix, according to a statement. Convergys president and CEO Andrea Ayers said the acquisition provides important benefits for all stakeholders. Convergys clients, she added, will be even better served by the combined organization’s increased scale, strong talent, best-in-class analytics, and digital offerings. Synnex Corporation is a Fortune 500 corporation and a leading global business process services company, providing a comprehensive range of distribution, logistics and integration services for the technology industry and providing outsourced services focused on customer engagement strategies to a broad range of enterprises.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information