Workers in the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector are eligible to be nominated as one of the Ten Outstanding Workers of the Republic awards. The Department of Labor and Employment and the Rotary Club of Manila will recognize and honor outstanding Filipino workers in the manufacturing and service industries, including the BPO sector. Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said the awards will help motivate Filipino workers to pursue excellence in the workplace, and to push Filipino labor to become more globally competitive. Former labor secretary Bienvenido Laguesma, the awards committee chairperson, said nominees should be skilled non-supervisory workers whose jobs are directly involved in the main activity of the enterprise. They should also have a consistent record of a high level of performance, and be of good moral character. The awards committee will name 10 winners who will each receive a trophy, a P100,000 cash prize and P100,000 in insurance coverage for accident and death.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information