Global customer management firm Convergys Corporation said its revenue for the second quarter dropped 3.4% from a year ago to USD692m. However, the company said it generated strong operating income, EBITDA, EPS, free cash flow and strong new business signings. During the quarter, operating income was up 24% from a year ago to USD45m while adjusted EBITDA was USD86m, up 5% in the same period last year. Convergys President and CEO Andrea Ayers said that while revenue came in below the company’s expectations, ramping programs and recent client wins keep Convergys on track for organic constant currency revenue growth. The lower revenue in Q2 was attributed to call volume softness with clients in the communications industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information