American call center software provider Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories is reportedly in bidding to buy the contact center business of Avaya Inc, Reuters reported. Avaya is reportedly hoping to sell its call center business for more than USD4bn, shedding a major part of its business to cope with its debt pile, which has grown to USD6bn. The deal, if it pushes through, will create a call center technology powerhouse in the face of intense competition. Avaya, one of the world’s biggest providers of telephony systems, has a presence in the Philippines. Based in Santa Clara, California, Avaya provides software, hardware and cloud services to businesses for their telecommunications needs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information