The multibillion-dollar power feed equipment (PFE) that Globe Telecom built in Davao City will greatly benefit the city’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry and open more opportunities to locals. This was the pronouncement of Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte, who thanked Globe for investing in the city. The PFE of Globe Telecom boasts of having a Southeast Asia-United States Cable System, which is the first actual submarine cable with international capacity. Globe Telecom officials said the firm spent some P3bn capital investment for the facility, which opened on 10 August. Globe president and CEO Ernest Cub said the PFE will be operation after six months.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information