Customer experience outsourcing firm Convergys posted revenue of USD2.792bn for the full year 2017, a 4% decline from a year earlier. In Q4 2017, revenue was USD689m, a 9% decline compared with USD758m in the same period in 2016. On a year-over-year basis, revenue and operating profit decreased primarily due to previously discussed volume fluctuations with its largest communications and technology clients, said Convergys President and CEO Andrea Ayers. For this year, Convergys expects a constant currency revenue decrease of up to 7%, including a 5% to 6% impact from significant volume fluctuations with the company’s two largest clients. It also expects seasonal sequential decreases in revenue, EBITDA and EPS beginning in Q1 of 2018 compared with Q4 of 2017.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information