At least 208 workers will be laid off by the end of March when global outsourcing firm Convergys shuts down its call center in Wilsonville, Oregon. Convergys has already informed state officials about the planned closure, but did not disclose the reasons behind it. It only said that employees will have limited opportunities to work from home after the closure. Last year, Microsoft also closed a factory in Wilsonville. Convergys reported revenue of USD2.1bn through the first nine months of last year, down slightly from 2016. The company also posted profits of USD112.5m through September, down USD13m from a year earlier.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information