Creative industries should boom in Southeast Asian countries, including the Philippines and Indonesia, according to a study. Oxford Business Group (OBG), a global research and consultancy firm, said creative industries could be the growth engine that Southeast Asian countries will need to offset a slowdown in their respective economies. OBG Asia Regional Editor Patrick Cooke said the Philippines, in particular, has a large consumption-driven internal market, buoyed up by advantageous demographics. The existing pool of young talent in its BPO industry can be expanded to develop a creative process outsourcing industry, performing more high-value activities like graphic design, online marketing, web development, and the game development industry, said Cooke.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information