Local firm, Converge ICT Solutions Inc, a fixed broadband service provider, is competing to be the Philippines’ next major telecommunications player. Converge ICT has partnered with South Korea’s KT Corp in its third telco bid submission. According to Dennis Anthony Uy, Converge ICT CEO and president, the third telco initiative will be predominantly a fight for currently unhappy customers, and the company will be able to offer cheaper rates and better quality services with a primary focus on the data market, a rapidly growing segment. Uy said that Converge ICT will have a greater focus on the fixed-broadband segment, where it already competes with the telco giants PLDT and Globe. The company has big goals for its pure fiber internet business as well, which currently spans about 26,000 kilometers. Converge ICT is investing US$1.8 billion on its broadband network expansion in the next five years and is partnering with US, South Korean and Philippine companies for its nationwide rollout.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information