New York-listed CSC, a provider of software, services, and outsourcing to the insurance industry, has expanded its portfolio further with the introduction of new usage-based insurance and telematics. The new offering, which is currently under pilot by an Asian insurer based in the Philippines, allows insurers to price new products based on driving behaviors. The offering is available as either an outsourced solution or integrated into an insurer’s current technology. Data collected with telematics devices creates a big data resource that enables insurers to more appropriately price risk, thereby helping them focus on selecting, underwriting and serving the most-profitable customers, said Phil Ratcliff, vice president and general manager of CSC’s Global Insurance Industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information