The Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) said the country’s global business process outsourcing (BPO) position could further get a boost with the implementation of the Data Privacy Act of 2012. The Act mandates all BPO firms to ensure protection to personal data and increase the country’s capability to handle outsourcing requirements of customers’ data privacy laws. Espie Bulseco of the CCAP Security Council said the Data Privacy Act of 2012 will increase the number of foreign investors leading to an increase in the country’s position as a leading BPO destination.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information