Due to its improved operational execution across all its divisions, Datatec, a global ICT Solutions and services group, posted US$2 billion in revenue for the six months ending August 31st 2018. Its earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), was at US$42.6 million and underlying earnings per share were 3.6 US$ cents. Datatec chief executive Jens Montanana said their subsidiary, Logicalis, a United Kingdom-based information and communications technology infrastructure and service provider, produced good results despite emerging market currency headwinds. They did especially well in its key Latin America region. Montanana said Datatec expects improved operational and financial performance to continue for the remainder of the year. To achieve that they are addressing the valuation gap through improved execution at its other subsidiary, Westcon International, a leading international distributor of business technology Westcon International. The company will also continue its ongoing share buy-back program.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information