Davao’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector remains vibrant and growing despite the recent bombing that killed 15 people and injured at least 67 others. BPO firms in Davao continue with their usual business activities as authorities have assured the public that the city remains safe. According to the management of Marco Polo Davao, while individual leisure travelers and groups with foreign participants have cancelled their reservations, corporate clients such as BPO companies are still pushing through with business activities. Department of Tourism regional director Roberto Alabado III said the people in Davao need to stand up to the world and show to visitors and would-be visitors that it is still safe to come to Davao.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information