Information and Communication Technology (ICT)-Davao says the sector aims to produce 66,000 full time business process management (BPM) jobs in three years, or double the current 33,000 employees because of incoming potential BPO locators in the city. Samuel Matunog, ICT-Davao president, said the industry aims to double the number of BPM employees within three years, especially now that Davao has been recognized as one of the few cities in the Philippines to be awarded with a Center of Excellence Award, one of the top next wave cities, and is a Top 10 Emerging Next Wave Cities for IT-BPM Operations. These accolades will entice BPO locators to Davao City, Matunog said. The city’s BPO sector started the year 2015 with 20,000 jobs and ended the year with some 70% growth to 33,000 jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information