Ground developments have begun for the PHP33bn (USD633m) Davao Global Township (DGT), a 22-hectare project in Matina, Davao City, that is expected to host business process outsourcing (BPO) companies and other firms. DGT is envisioned to be the central business district with a dynamic lifestyle, according to Cebu Landmasters Inc. chairman and CEO Joe Soberano. DGT is a joint venture of Cebu Landmasters and the Yuson, Huang, and Tan families of Davao. The project, targeted to be completed in 2022, is inspired by the Cebu IT Park and the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig. Phase 1, with an estimated cost of PHP10bn, spans at 93,000 square meters of gross floor area, housing a retail strip with a cineplex, outdoor retail spaces called the DGT Town Strip, and a civic center to be named DGT Gallery, envisioned by YHEST with global planning and design firm RTKL.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information