The Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) revealed that at least 150,000 jobs in the BPO sector are now available for fresh graduates who want to work in the outsourcing industry. CCAP director Tonichi Achurra-Parekh said the available jobs are due to the rising number of startup companies from the US, Europe, and Australia that are looking at outsourcing their jobs to the Philippines. She added that fresh college graduates who are proficient in the English language and are willing to adapt to a shifting schedule are currently in demand to fill the vacancies. There are now at least 1.4 million Filipinos working in the country’s outsourcing industry, and the number is expected to rise as the industry continues to grow. The CCAP is the umbrella organization of the Philippine contact center industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information