From 69th place last year, Davao City’s ranking in Tholons’ top 100 outsourcing destinations list dropped to 85th this year and industry leaders are not taking it lightly. Samuel Matunog, president of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Davao Inc said stakeholders are reviewing the local industry road map to address the gaps and raise its Tholons ranking next year. Matunog said ICT Davao Inc will be drafting specific steps that need that be taken to improve the city’s ranking. Aside from Davao City, major Philippines cities such as Metro Manila and Cebu City also saw their rankings decline.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information