American computer maker Dell Inc, which operates a business process outsourcing (BPO) facility in Quezon City, said it is reviewing possible changes to its Philippine operations as its merger with EMC Corp looms. Dell has about 500 employees in the Philippines, including sales and marketing as well as its BPO operations. Gaurav Chand, global vice president of the Enterprise Solutions Group of Dell, however, said there will be no changes during the remainder of the company’s fiscal year. He said no employees will be moved until February 2017 when the new fiscal year begins. Dell is expected to complete its merger with EMC by October of this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information