Demand for IT professionals in the Philippines continues to rise with online hiring in the IT, Telecom/ISP and BPO/ITES sector growing 3% year on year. For the entire Southeast Asia region, Singapore posted the highest rise in demand for industry talent at 9% year on year, according to the latest Monster Employment Index (MEI). Malaysia, however, posted a -22% year-on-year decline. According to Sanjay Modi, Managing Director at Monster.com in APAC and the Middle East, firms are being encouraged to adopt or develop new technological capabilities in order to stay relevant in today’s digital economy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information