Local BPO stakeholders are not overly concerned with the slow Internet in the Philippines, according to Cebu Innovation Council (CIC) President Paulo Uy and immediate past president Michael Cubos, who expect that the information technology and business process management (IT-BPM) industry will continue to thrive. The industry is also confident that the situation will improve on the back of the government’s ambitious plans to roll out more telecommunications infrastructure. The introduction of a new telco player will also help address the country’s lagging internet condition, they said. Although there have been some improvements in the availability of 4G internet and speed in the Philippines, it still remains behind most of its neighbors in Southeast Asia.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information