Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) Acting Secretary Eliseo Rio Jr. is expected to examine issues concerning the government’s strategic road map on information and communications technology policy formulation at the 1*DATA Privacy and Security Solutions Day on March 20. In discussing the matter, Rio hopes to raise further public awareness on the efforts of the government to speed up the development of ICT in the country. In particular, Rio will discuss the National ICT Ecosystem Framework (NICTEF), which was formed to determine the direction of the department’s initiatives. The framework serves as the state’s reply to the increasing need for a commanding position covering the whole ICT program. Six strategic thrusts are included in the framework: Participatory e-Governance, Industry and Countryside Development, ICT User Protection and Information Security, Improved Public Links and Connectivity, Resource Sharing and Capacity Building throughout ICT, and Enabling a Sustainable ICT Environment.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information