To give BPO workers a convenient place to get their rides, Megaworld Corp. is planning to construct and run a transport hub within its 72-hectare Iloilo Business Park property in the Mandurriao district. The proposal has received approval from the Iloilo City Council. The council members expressed no opposition to the plan, according to the ordinance approved on March 5. The council added that Megaworld would use the facility exclusively for vans and shuttle buses with franchises issued by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB). Specifically, the hub will be limited only to UV Express, Tourist and Chartered Vans and Bus and Shuttle Buses with a valid and outstanding franchise issued by the LTFRB. According to Councilor Plaridel C. Nava, chairman of the council’s transportation committee, the hub shall also be considered as the pilot terminal for the modern e-jeepneys in Iloilo City.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information