The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) intends to submit the proposed National Broadband Plan (NBP) to President Rodrigo Duterte this month. DICT Secretary Rodolfo Salalima said he wants to start the new year with a proposed national broadband plan for greater internet access and improved delivery of government services in the country. The NBP seeks to interconnect government offices and promote greater internet access particularly in remote areas to stimulate economic growth. Once the proposed NBP is approved by President Duterte, Salalima said the plan could be implemented within one to three years. Telco players in the Philippines fully support the DICT’s move to come up with the NBP.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information