The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has identified at least 3,337 companies in the Philippines that have been found to be engaged in, or suspected of being engaged in, labor-only contracting or illegal contracting activities. The labor department has already submitted the initial list to Malacañang, and Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said that more companies may be added to the list as the assessment team continues to check firms for compliance. Bello revealed that among the companies on the list are telecommunications giant, PLDT; fast food company, Jollibee; hotel chains, Dusit Thani and Sofitel; retailer, The Generics Pharmacy; coconut products exporter, Franklin Baker Company of the Philippines; pineapple goods manufacturer, Dole Philippines; and a number of media networks he declined to name. Bello said the violating companies will be sanctioned, although he did not give details of the penalty.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information