News » DOLE Releases Guidelines On Involuntary Separation Benefit

DOLE Releases Guidelines On Involuntary Separation Benefit

DOLE Releases Guidelines On Involuntary Separation Benefit

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has released the guidelines on the issuance of certification to employees who want to avail themselves of the involuntary separation benefit or unemployment insurance after being laid off from their job. The guidelines require eligible Social Security System (SSS) members, including house helpers and overseas Filipino workers (OFW), to obtain a DOLE certification of involuntary separation at any DOLE field or provincial office in order to receive the unemployment insurance. OFWs can apply at the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) where their employers operate or where they reside.

Only employees not over the age of 60 when they are involuntarily separated due to authorized causes, such as the installation of labor-saving devices, redundancy, retrenchment or downsizing, closure of operation or illness (when their continued employment is prohibited by law or is prejudicial to their co-employees’ health) will be qualified to apply. Moreover, employees need to have paid at least 36 SSS monthly contributions (12 of which should be in the 18-month period preceding the month of involuntary separation). Application requirements also include a valid ID and a copy of the notice of termination issued by the employer.

Read more here.

Start your
journey today

  • Independent
  • Free
  • Transparent

About OA

Outsource Accelerator is the trusted source of independent information, advisory and expert implementation of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)

The #1 outsourcing authority

Outsource Accelerator offers the world’s leading aggregator marketplace for outsourcing. It specifically provides the conduit between Philippines outsourcing suppliers and the businesses – clients – across the globe.

The Outsource Accelerator website has over 5,000 articles, 350+ podcast episodes, and a comprehensive directory with 900+ BPO companies… all designed to make it easier for clients to learn about – and engage with – outsourcing.

About Derek Gallimore

Derek Gallimore has been in business for 20 years, outsourcing for over eight years, and has been living in Manila (the heart of global outsourcing) since 2014. Derek is the founder and CEO of Outsource Accelerator, and is regarded as a leading expert on all things outsourcing.