The lackluster performance of the Philippines in the latest rankings of Tholons’ top BPO cities should serve as a wake-up call for the country, according to experts. The Philippines’ slide in the ranking showed that the country was not fully prepared for the three new parameters that Tholons used in its annual survey – innovation, startup ecosystem, and digital transformation. Jonathan De Luzuriaga, president of the Philippine Software Industry Association, also pointed out that the industry tended to relax because it was performing well in the previous ranking. Metro Manila dropped to No. 4 from No. 2 in the latest ranking while Cebu went down from 8th to 12th.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information