Despite industry concerns following the anti-US sentiments expressed by President Rodrigo Duterte, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said it has not received information about any business process outsourcing (BPO) company pulling out of the country. Instead, DTI Undersecretary Ceferino Rodolfo said some of the BPO companies in the country have expanded, with others expressing plans to further expand. He said the government continues to encourage investors to come into the Philippines, particularly those in the BPO. While bulk of the country’s BPO companies are Americans, Rodolfo said there are also good number of BPOs targeting Australian and European markets.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information