With the Philippines being one of the world’s top outsourcing destinations, the country’s internet speed continues to discourage some of the major locators. To address the poor internet speed in the Philippines, President Rodrigo Duterte recently met with foreign investors and telecommunications companies, said presidential spokesman Harry Roque. He said Duterte has recently welcomed investors who expressed a desire to help improve the state of the internet in the Philippines. Roque added that the Philippines is looking at overseas solutions because local telecom companies seem unable to solve the problem.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information